What will you do:
You will lead a team of experienced engineers responsible for building common infrastructure, solving common problems, building frameworks and tools that boost the productivity and development experience of our engineers, and allowing them to focus on delivering core measurements products with speed and quality.
- Lead, mentor, grow and manage a team of talented backend engineers and be responsible for the design and development of systems/services used by DV R&D teams
- Be a part of the backend platform team working on DV systems and tackle tough architecture and performance problems & find creative ways to resolve bottlenecks
- Introduce new tools, extend open-source projects, conduct POCs on new technologies, and incorporate them in the development flow
- Developing common infrastructure components consumed by our product-driven engineering teams and allowing them to move fast and deliver product features in a timely fashion
Who you are:
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of engineering management experience - preferably in a Platform / Infrastructure team
- 6+ years of experience with at least two of the following languages: Scala/ Java/ NodeJS/Python, knowledge of Go/Rust - is plus
- Deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals: object-oriented design, functional programming, data structures, multi-threading and distributed systems
- Experience with high-performance KV-stores such as Aerospike/Redis and messaging systems such as Apache Kafka/Apache Pulsar/Redpanda, etc.
- Experience in working with SQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL) and Columnar/NoSQL Databases such as (DataBricks, BigQuery, Vertica, Snowflake, Couchbase, Cassandra, etc.).
- Experience developing scalable micro-services exposing/communicating via gRPC/Protobuf, REST API and GraphQL interfaces
- Experience working in a BigData environment and building scalable distributed systems with stream processing technologies such as KStreams/Akka Streams Spark/Flink
- Experience working with Docker/Kubernetes(GKE/Operators & CRDs), and public cloud providers such as GCP or AWS
- Experience working with infrastructure is management tools such as Terraform/Helm/Skaffold and monitoring tools such as Prometheus/Thanos Grafana and Loki
- Experience with Agile development, CI/CD pipelines (Git/GitOps, GitLab CI/CD, or ArgoCD)
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- A versatile hands-on manager with a “getting-things-done” attitude
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in AdTech is a plus