We have a great opportunity for a talented Backend Developer to join our busy team. Working in a fast-paced environment, you will be involved in the development of robust, scalable, and fault-tolerant systems.
This includes working on:
- The main Django application, a large Django app built using Python 3.7 and the latest Python and Django libraries;
- The API, built using Django Rest Framework (DRF) that is used both by our web-app and client libraries to build and run data analyses;
- Backend code that integrates our web server with the rest of our cloud architecture, including our PaaS, data science code, general integrations such as payments, devops code, and more.
- Minimum 5 years web development experience, developing and architecting technical solutions across various coding languages
- Practical experience building enterprise grade apps with Python Django and similar technologies (minimum 3 years Python / Django enterprise experience - experience building simple applications does not count).
- Experience architecting / building B2C platforms (e.g. dating, social, jobs) or B2B / Data Intensive platforms (i.e. Admin interfaces, Dashboards, Recruiting Management Systems / ATS)
- Strong command of Python, and preferably another object orientated languages
- REST API development with Django Rest Framework (DRF)
- Asynchronous programming (messaging and queues e.g. Celery)
- Application caching (e.g. Redis)
- Relational database and SQL (mySQL/ Postgres (NoSQL nice to have))
- AWS core functionality (EC2, RDS, Cloudwatch, SES, SNS)
- Container service architecture e.g. Docker
- CICD pipeline development
Who We're Looking for:
We are actively hiring talented, mission-driven engineers who want to grow, learn, and help make the world a healthier place.
Given the diversity of technologies we use, we prefer self-starting generalist engineers who can dive into any codebase and make meaningful changes quickly. We are also looking for strong specialists who can teach the rest of us how things should be done.