Job Title: CTO
Salary: €90k-€120k subject to past experience
Work place: Paris Center
Start date: ASAP
Upmy is a Fintech which mission is to offer the best online shopping experience to E-shoppers through innovative payment methods. The online shopping experience still suffers from shipping costs. Our solution is to offer a free shipping benefit at checkout.
Our product is a digital wallet that offers free shipping memberships to E-shoppers. Our digital wallet enables online retailers to accept payments while offering free shipping to their customers.
Our Product vision:
- Once mature, we plan to always enhance our E-shoppers experience by providing more services: free return, cashback, concierge, satisfied or refunded guaranty on any online purchase, and more.
- We aim to launch our universal credit card to ensure our E-shoppers enjoy the benefits they deserve beyond our E-merchant network.
By adopting an “E-shopper focus” approach, we are disrupting traditional payment players. We aim to create a new online shopping experience that is less expensive, without frustrations and always safe.
We are looking for talents that are very sensitive to user experience, and with the willingness to change E-commerce practices by providing more value to the E-shoppers.
Our Managing team have a strong background and past successes in the E-commerce and Tech payment industries. They have past experience in big saas company, 1 click shopping technology, payment companies, top financial consulting firm and are confirmed investors. Their product and business DNA make a great founding team.
The company is well funded (1,5M€). Our real proven goto market (400 clients signed in 3 months during the test phase) and business model gives us the capacity to always reinvest in our products.
- Be ambitious: Think big and worldwide
- Be simple: keep the essential
- Be focus: Do one thing really, really well
We are launching the company, and need a strong TECH Team. As Leader of the tech team, you will have to engineer the product. You join a crew of experienced people working on making the best possible user experience. The management is super dedicated and result oriented.
Our stacks? As the product does not exist yet, you will be the 1st and the leader of the tech team, and you will be in charge of deciding which technologies (stacks, framework and tools) to implement.
As CTO, you will work on engineering, building, improving and scaling the core product. You will work on shipping innovative user services, as well as new payment features, for a potential growing user base. You will also ensure the safety and robustness of our systems. We are looking for a client first and business mindset profile.
What are you going to do?
- Recruit and supervise our technical team
- Architecting, engineering and developing the core product and services
- Take ownership for all aspects of your code and participate in complex conception/resolution of product issues
- Improving the code
- Making your work scalable, strongly robust, highly secured to to guarantee performance
- Develop a data room, to help the business team take the best decisions
What can you expect?
- Re-inventing the Ecommerce experience and create new payment services
- Accelerate your career by joining a small team dedicated to the product and business
- Be in charge and responsible of your own team
- You will have access to high skilled mentorship
- Contribute to the creation of multiple payment services dedicated to users
- Take part on creating a scalable payment system that provides stable and secure transactions
- If you choose open source, you will contribute to your stack’s community
- Participate and organize numerous events (Meet-ups, Talks, conferences...) to make Upmy engineering culture even stronger and recognized around the globe. Upmy will take in charge transportation, hotels... etc for these events.
Desired Expertise & Experience:
- Graduate from a Top engineer school
- Experience in payment or Fintech is a plus
- You have strong open source programming skills
- You already managed a team at least 3 people and for at least 1 year
- You had exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web applications and microservices to manage high traffic
- Your work in an organized manner with test coverage, and other best practices work with high quality expectation
- You are a curious, well organized and business result oriented
- You are pragmatic and solution-oriented
- You want to build an innovative product to be used by millions of users
- You have good communication skills and you know how to work with a team
- English Fluent
What to expect from our hiring process?
- A 15min video-call with our recruiter to better understand your career path and goals as well as answer any of your questions
- A onsite interview with our founding team (or video call if you not paris based)
- And finally exercise with an experimented technical expert to evaluate your hard skills and understand how you see the world
The final touch advantages:
- Welcome bonus :)
- Remote possible: 1 day / week
- Transportation and daily meal offer
- Regular drinks and parties offered
- Great office in the Paris center
- We are generous, just ask for other benefits
- Join a fun and energetic team