FreshBooks is looking for a Front-End Engineer who will play a hands-on role in driving our mission to build a world-class technology company with a global footprint. You will be instrumental in playing a vital role that impacts the lives of millions of small business owners around the world and directly impacts customer experiences and businesses. We are looking for people who thrive in a creative, collaborative and agile development environment.
As a Front-End developer, you will not only contribute to delivering product features on your team but also participate in improving the infrastructure and architecture of our front-end application.
If this appeals to you, please come and chat with us to learn more about how you can become a part of the intrinsically motivated teams of engineers!
What you'll do in your first twelve months at FreshBooks:
- Work in a dynamic Agile based environment, acting as a Front-End guru on your team
- You will contribute to the vision of our large front-end application with a multitude of customer features alongside a circle of other front-end engineers
- Collaborate with other cross-functional teams working on features for our customers
- Participate and share your ideas in technical design and architecture discussions
- Work closely with UX designers and Product owners to ensure the best UX for our customers
- Champion and deliver quality through the use of automated testing
What you have:
- A long-standing habit of continuous learning and passion for Front-End development
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in web application development (Agile or Lean environment)
- In-depth experience with more than one component-based Front-End frameworks (React, Angular, Vue, Ember)
- Familiarity with continuous integration (or better, continuous delivery) and automated build pipelines (we use Jenkins)
- Anticipate the impact of emerging technologies and make adjustments
- Experience with Front-End performance challenges and metrics.
- Understanding of build systems, front-end tooling, testing and pipelines.
- Experience using REST and JSON APIs
- Experience with Docker
- A long-standing habit of continuous learning, and of applying new technologies, architectures, and methodologies to improve the code and Engineering organization
Nice to have:
- Strong pair programming or mob programming skills
- Experience in A/B testing
- Experience with micro-frontends
- Experience with Python and (or) Ruby
- Basic knowledge of relational databases