Build a platform that is used by thousands of teachers a day to make learning fun for their pupils. You’ll work with a small number of experienced engineers to guide you. On the other hand, you will have room (and will be expected) to bring your own initiative to the table.
ABOUT US – Pobble is a global education platform, founded by teachers. Primary school teachers use Pobble to find teaching resources, collaborate with classes across the world, and give pupils a real audience for their writing. In short, Pobble makes writing ridiculously exciting!
About 100k pupils, teachers and parents use our platform every month. We’ve also won bunch of prizes at for example BETT, EdTech Europe and HundrED. We partner with some of the best (education) brands in the world, including Oxford University Press, the BBC and TED. And we’re just getting started: we are growing fast in the UK and internationally, and are creating the product to make that possible.
WHAT YOU’LL DO – Over the next 12 months you might find yourself working on:
• Building a fully redesigned interface for children;
• Working with our UX designer to create shorter user feedback loops;
• Finishing the decoupling of our front end from the monolith;
• Helping to extend our test coverage;
• Implementing a stronger analytics platform throughout the platform;
• Building simple native apps with e.g. React Native and our API.
ABOUT YOU – We value smart engineers that have an opinion about best-practice and an ability to learn fast. You are committed to using the right technology for the job and don’t shy away from making painful decisions if they are the right ones. Here is what's important to us:
• Some experience with our stack (React, Angular, ES6, Webpack, REST);
• A keen eye for detail (the devil is in the details when it comes to designs);
• Agile methodologies (we stand-up every day and constantly groom our backlog);
• Eager to try stuff (if it doesn’t work: fine, learn from it and try again);
• Team play (share your experience to make the team better);
• An open culture (code reviews, open discussion and always beer in stock).
COMPENSATION DETAILS – You’ll receive a base salary of £40-50k depending on experience. Additionally, all our team members have the opportunity to own a part of our business as part of our option scheme. On top of that we offer:
• Work with a great team of passionate and talented individuals;
• A fantastic office environment in the heart of Primrose Hill;
• An office 10 minutes walking from Camden Town tube;
• Work remotely most of the week / month;
• A budget for training and development.