Join a tech-driven real estate SaaS startup as a Front End Software Engineer to plan, create and code web pages, using both technical and non-technical skills to expand our web application's user experience across mobile and desktop devices.
• Your typical day to day includes:
• Build next-generation web applications with a focus on the client side.
• Redesign and implement new UIs
• Meet with team members to identify needs
• Explore new ideas to produce concepts and developing interactive design drawings up to detailed website specifications
• Review code and make changes where necessary
• Debug code and re-design web pages
• Work with our team of web developers and graphic designers
• Test the website to ensure it is working
• Research current design trends
Working hours are typically 40-50 hours a week with flexibility on start and finish times.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
• Experience with front end technologies and/or front end frameworks.
• Experience working with Vue ecosystem.
• A portfolio that demonstrates strong object-oriented concepts & design patterns.
• Good communication skills & good team player
• Demonstrable abilities to optimize code. Focus on quality & ability to perform code reviews.
• Hands-on experience utilizing Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket (Git flow) in an agile environment.
• Experience with HTML5 and CSS3 web standards.
• Knowledge of web libraries and frameworks, such as AngularJS, Polymer, Closure or Backbone.
•Developed web design skills and user experience fundamentals knowledge.
• Familiarity with the full web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
You'll be based in our New York City office working although you may also work remotely based on weekly sprint deliverables.
Violerts is a web application enabling New York City residents and real estate professionals to monitor and track property compliance and regulations.
Our offices are located in Midtown Manhattan near Herald Square, Bryant Park and Penn Station, making it easily accessible via public transportation.
We are a young and serious team of curious individuals committed to excellence in our industry. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Violerts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees.