Similie provides customised approaches to organisations by applying technology, training and consulting services delivered through change management.
The context of our work is unique. Being based in South-East Asia our clients are looking for something different both in the technology solution and their interaction with partners. Our approach places people at the centre of any development to provide culturally appropriate technologies and UI experiences. Our projects take clients through the full digital transformation process, impacting on the way their organisations connect people to data and by improving the delivery of their business processes and services. Our clients include government, defence, international development agencies and international non-government organisations.
Similie’s flagship product One is a Cloud-based platform developed to support logistics and asset management, personnel management, monitoring and evaluation, IoT, early warning systems, road management systems and financial management services. The base platform is designed to support customization and integration with modularised units through different configurations for rapid builds and deployment.
To support the further development of our flagship cloud-based platform, One, we are looking for exceptional Front-End and Full Stack Developers who are motivated to link clever design to the art of programming. Our goal is to create functional, attractive and reliable digital environments for clients, ensuring a great user experience.
You will need to demonstrate competencies in the following areas:
• Be tech-savvy and know your way around the latest frameworks and modern languages
• Develop and optimise applications for maximum speed, flexibility and scalability.
• Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code and libraries through to production.
• Be a self-learner, work independently and collaborate with other developers, web designers and project teams across different locations.
You’ll have at least five year’s experience as a developer with an expert understanding of:
• NodeJS, AngularJS, and Angular.
• RESTful APIs.
• Bootstrap 3; GIS Mapping (Leaflet and Google Maps API), Amazon Web Services (AWS).
You’ll also have experience in some or all of the following tech areas:
• Data visualisation through charting libraries
• GIS integrations
• Build tools such as Babel, Grunt, webpack
• Other coding languages: C, C++; Python
• The entire development process (design, development, testing, debugging and deployment)
• Ideal candidates may also have development experience in building asset management and logistics tools
You’ll join a young innovative company that is growing and making an impact. You’ll be part of a wider team of change managers, project teams and technical trainers, who contribute to the delivery of our technology solutions.
All positions will be remote initially, with possible short-term assignments to Timor-Leste to join our team in Dili.
Similie fosters an inclusive and diverse working environment. We encourage people of all backgrounds, particularly women, to apply.