Are you looking to work on challenging projects, with a motivated team, while building technology that can change the world? Do you want to join an award winning startup in their scale-up phase? Do you want to give students all over the world access to a prosperous future? Do you want to work with large distributed systems, machine learning, web crawling, and other interesting technology?
Wizenoze is a growth-stage startup which develops software that enables students to find content online that matches their interests and abilities. Our mission is to help close the global Readability Gap. You’ll be responsible for envisioning, developing, and testing products that will improve how students discover and interact with the online world. Read more here about our mission.
We’re looking for a Frontend developer with 4+ years experience based in Amsterdam or remote within the +-3 GMT timezones.
We are an international team of educators, scientists, and developers in child-computer interaction and machine learning. We love proactiveness, ownership, and flexibility. Our HQ is in Amsterdam, our strategic office is in London but we come from all over the world: South Africa, Hungary, the UK and the Netherlands. We work as a distributed team with plenty of remote work support via Asana, Hangouts, Slack, etc. Our development team is smart, small and close-knit, making communication easy without an overload of process and management. We have lots of combined experience and do not settle for mediocre code. We focus on agile development, automated testing, and continuous deployment to get code to customers as quickly as possible while maintaining the highest quality.
What do we offer?
- Access to the latest technology and algorithms (e.g. from academia);
- Work on an innovative product that will be used internationally;
- Work with experienced and innovative engineers and a professional team;
- An excellent growth perspective;
- A technically innovative company with multiple opportunities;
- A flexible working environment;
- An office in downtown Amsterdam;
- Well-supported remote work with Slack, Github, Asana, Hangouts, Jenkins CI, AWS, Heroku, etc. tools.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Building responsive and user-friendly single-page web applications with complex state management hidden behind beautiful UX/UI
- Streamlining and automating the build and deploy of the apps to S3 and Cloudfront using webpack, babel, npm, etc.
- Monitoring performance and errors of the applications via Sentry, etc.
- Fluent in English
- 4+ years proven experience delivering production-ready software
- Great at building responsive and user-friendly single-page applications in React, Redux, ES7, RiotJS, Jquery, Webpack, HTML5, CSS, SCSS, LESS, etc.
- Build tools like Webpack, Babel, NPM, etc.
- Bootstrap and CSS experience, although we have an experienced UI/UX designer to help with this.
- Understand how to debug hard problems in HTTP, XHR, JSON, CORS, SSL, etc.
- Willing to get involved in some back-end work with NodeJS, Koa, Heroku, SQL, etc.
- Open source development workflows using git and github.
- Communicating and collaborating on designs remotely using diagrams, video conferencing, instant messaging, prototypes, etc.
- Passionate about UX design. See things from a user’s point of view, and figure out the best UI for them.
- Able to reduce complex user interaction flows into crystal clear user interfaces.
- Good understanding of common user interface patterns and pitfalls.
- Knowledge of other languages is a huge plus. Java, python, ruby, etc.
- Back-end development knowledge is also a plus. While you won’t be required to work in the back-end, it will help to understand the code to help us improve the API for 3rd party devs.
- Be able to develop Chrome plugins, wordpress extensions, etc. to expand the reach of our tools.
- Curious. Able to learn and apply new concepts and tools rapidly
- Attention to detail
- Take pride in your work
- Take responsibility for your work throughout its lifecycle
- High degree of personal responsibility over designated duties
- Consistent and organised
- Timely and eloquent communicator
- Focused on helping the team win, before personal gain
- Open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it
- Like to work in a startup environment