Hi there! Thanks for being here and let’s get started.
Cycloid is a simple and non-intrusive Hybrid-cloud DevOps platform, available in SaaS and on-premise modes, that optimizes people's use of technology and the cloud. We help teams work smarter together, regardless of skill set, all the while ensuring governance and maintaining flexibility.
At Cycloid, we’re an open organization meaning that your voice and point of view will have a true impact on how we work and the decisions we make. So, as you can imagine, we’re looking for someone who is keen on sharing his/her ideas and opinions. Don’t be shy!
In fact, every semester, you will be meeting the teams f2f in order to discuss the product roadmap and the next key developments we want to implement.
One goal: to make our hybrid-Cloud DevOps platform the leading DevOps tool in the world
Sounds like a plan, right?
WHAT IS MY CHALLENGE ?
Join a team of 9 experienced Frontend Developers and be a key part of the development of our new features. Have you heard of our freshly baked Cost Explorer feature yet?
- Lead the entire web function and be responsible for effectively recruiting, mentoring, and retaining your great team
- Lead an amazing team of 10 (and growing) frontend developers across Europe (France, Spain, Italy, Serbia, Poland, UK, Netherlands,…)
- Be responsible for project management as well as day-to-day execution, guide technical and architectural choices
- Collaborate with the Design, Backend, and Ops teams to develop features
- Contribute to unit/E2E testing, bug fixing, documentation, etc
- Review pull requests, submitted by colleagues
- Working both autonomously and collaboratively
- Take part in discussions having a team/company-wide impact
- Ensure you give the team the means to remain highly collaborative and effective
We work in feature teams so, as you can imagine, you will closely collaborate with our Design, Backend, DevOps, QA, or Marketing teams in all projects you’re involved in.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING TO THE TABLE?
We are looking for a talented and passionate Lead Frontend Developer to help us build our hybrid-cloud DevOps platform. We value clean, DRY, easy-to-read code that is well tested and keeps up to date with modern standards.
We have a dedicated Design team. You will be leading the development of new features and the reshuffle of existing ones based on their mockups and user flows.
- Are a Frontend developer with 8+ years of professional experience
- Have team experience in leading a development team
- Are not afraid of taking on big tasks and getting your hands dirty
- You would rather lead than manage, a collaborative organization is what you’re looking for.
- You have a growth mindset with pragmatic decision-making skills and strong collaborative skills
- Are an open-minded, knowledgeable, and friendly person
- Know how to strike the right balance between autonomy and working collectively in a team
- You can demonstrate how you have supported the effective development of other engineers (through coaching and mentoring for example)
- At least 3 years of professional knowledge with Vue.js, or other JS frameworks (React, Angular, Ember, etc)
- Good coding practices using modern CSS, HTML, and JS
- Unit testing (we use Jest, but experience in others is useful)
- Good knowledge of git and GitHub (code reviews, rebasing, cherry-picking, etc)
- Capacity to communicate effectively and clearly in English and French, both verbally and in writing
- Experience leading a team of developers in a fast-growing environment
Nice to have:
- Experience with Webpack, E2E testing (i.e. Cypress), and CI/CD tools
- Experience working remotely
- DevOps knowledge or interest
- Have contributed to the open-source community
WHAT WE BRING TO THE TABLE:
Working together should be a win-win situation for everyone involved. Here is what we bring to our side of the table :
- A great autonomy
- A collaborative environment where your opinion matters
- Holidays policy: 46 days off per year (including bank holidays)
- 100% remote work: live and work from home across Europe
- Home office setup up to €1200 (including device)
- Choose your own device spirit
- 2 workshops per year somewhere in EU