ABOUT THE POSITION:
Advisr is looking for a passionate Full Stack Engineer with experience in PHP & JS developer with knowledge in Laravel and React to join our growing team. This is an opportunity for an engineer / experienced developer to join a startup and to have a major impact on our technology and the business as a whole.
As a Full Stack Engineer, you will leverage your expertise to help enhance and maintain the success of our enterprise distributed web app, while ensuring high-rates of product availability, preventing downtime and offering continuous improvement and delivery.
This is a fully remote role, with key reporting into the Headquarters in Sydney AEST.
- You have 5 years + experience with PHP, Modern Backend Framework (Laravel), Modern Front End Framework (React, Vue, jQuery, etc.), HTML5, SASS & CSS.
- You should have built at least one commercially successful web applications with at least one MVC web framework like Laravel, Symphony, CodeIgniter or Express (ideally Laravel).
- You have experience writing and optimizing queries both in raw SQL and using an ORM, and have experience designing database schema.
- You have experience using MySQL & key-value stores such as Elasticsearch and Redis for full-text search and caching.
- You write clear, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- You are an advocate for automated testing, TDD and understand its importance in delivering features reliably.
- You are naturally curious and are committed to improving your own skillsets as well as those of your team members.
- You take ownership of your work and strive to be an accountable member of the development team.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Design, enhance and develop APIs
- Implement React client-side app with consumer-facing interface
- Meeting technical and user interface needs
- Write, edit and maintain Unit/Feature tests
- Work with the Head of Technology, Head of Product and key developers
- Plan, code, test, and deploy new features/applications/projects/modules/plugins
- Troubleshoot application bugs and determine resolutions
- Suggest improvements, security needs, best practices, etc (your voice will be heard)
- Managing deployment process; using GitHub, merging branches, deploying to staging sites and then post QA onto production.
- Familiar with containerisation i.e. Docker
- Understanding of Linux systems and experience with AWS managed services. We use a combination of EC2, RDS, EB, CodePipeline and CodeBuild