About Our Engineering Team
We are a small and high performing team. Our hub is in Washington, DC but we also embrace a remote workplace culture and encourage employees to work from home when they need uninterrupted time to focus. This position can be based in DC or remote for the right person.
Our tech stack includes React, Typescript, Apollo/GraphQL, Elixir/Phoenix, Postgres, and AWS. We enjoy the opportunity to work with new technologies but also believe in simplicity and proven solutions.
We are passionate about what we do. We are serious about our work but don’t take ourselves too seriously. We work with games after all, so we believe that work needs to be fun!
The team shares responsibility for the entire product and codebase. We write code for each other, we own it together, and our egos are checked at the door.
We like to move fast. We ship code almost every day, but only when it’s ready. We believe that well-tested code is the key to happy customers, a productive team, and a good night’s sleep.
We’re looking for a mid- to senior-level full stack engineer to join us. If this description fits you then we’d love to meet you!
- You are user-oriented and focused on shipping product features to delight our customers.
- You have experience writing production level code, preferably in a startup or other fast paced environment.
- You are either experienced within our specific stack or thrilled by the opportunity to learn it.You like to be quick and efficient, but you never lose sight of quality and maintainability.
- You love taking on a new challenge and don’t mind getting outside your comfort zone.You love teamwork because we can accomplish more together.You want to work for a mission that is greater than yourself.
Your First 6 Months
In your first 6 months on the job, you will:
- Ship production code within 2 weeks.Work closely with our product team to deliver top requested features for teachers who use our product every day.
- Respond to feedback and rapidly iterate on improvements.Learn our full stack and contribute to layers that need the most attention.
- Help the company deliver 500 new math games to the classroom by September.
- Build new features for the Legends Academy game to drive adoption by students who want to play and learn at home.
- Experience career growth as you help to plan and execute our roadmap for the future.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years experience building production level web applications in a team environment using modern technologies.
- More experience is better, but demonstrated capabilities are most important.
- Experience with React, Typescript, Apollo, GraphQL, Elixir, Erlang, and/or Postgres is highly desirable but not required.