Vody is a venture-backed startup focused on the latest in big data, natural language processing, and machine learning technologies to enhance recommendation systems. Our platform integrates streaming service data with third-party and publicly available information to discover relevant content and novel relationships.
In order to execute our vision, we need to grow our team of best-in-class engineers. We are looking for developers who are excited about launching new products and features, who can work autonomously and aren’t afraid to try new technologies, and who don’t back down from the challenges of scale.
How you will have an impact:
- Contributing meaningfully to core systems, from design thru implementation and maintaining ownership throughout development into production.
- Ensuring overall stability and performance of high volume transactions and distributed processes while scaling.
- Investigating and implementing solutions for data ingestion, processing, and machine learning.
- Solving complex technical problems across all services and at all levels of the stacks.
What you will need:
- 3-5 years production software development experience.
- Experience with Jenkins and Terraform managed AWS infrastructure.
- Experience with AWS services (ECR, Lambda, SQS, CloudWatch, Route53).
- Hands on programming with Python; Elixir a plus.
- Comfortable with support tools (Docker, Git, Bash, AWS CLI)
- Production experience with ETL and asynchronous pipelines.
- Experience with relational (Postgres/RDS) and nosql (DynamoDB) databases.
- Demonstrated ability to actively participate in the design of complex systems.
- Willingness to dive in on rapidly evolving challenges in a team environment.
Nice but not necessary
- Production network operations familiarity a plus.
- Understanding of ML principles and NLP experience, Kaggle competitions a plus.
- Experience with data science libraries (Scikit, NLTK, Gensim, TensorFlow, Keras).