You'll be the first technical hire at a fast-growth startup helping large enterprises monitor and manage their carbon footprint.
We're looking for a flexible full-stack developer that is passionate about disrupting climate change, excited to get their hands dirty, and looking to become a leader and help drive the future direction of our product.
You'll be working directly with our CTO on both the back-end and front-end of our web apps, as well as internal analytics.
In this role, you will:
- Help design and lead the development of responsive and user-friendly web applications
- Build large-scale distributed services with stringent enterprise privacy security requirements
- Contribute to software/service quality, support, and deployments
- 1-3 years of software engineering experience
- Evidence of solid foundation in software development (e.g. extensive portfolio, degree in computer science,etc.)
- Experience developing large-scale, production applications using React and/or Ruby on Rails
- Extensive coding experience with React.js and Redux frameworks
- Hands-on coding experience with Node.js
- Proficiency working with MongoDB or equivalent
- Track record maintaining JSON-based RESTful APIs
- Excellent debugging, troubleshooting and optimization skills
- Experience with Agile software development and source control (we use Github)
- Experience with cloud technologies including AWS, Docker and Kubernetes
- Serious passion for stopping climate change
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working in an early-stage startup
- Experience with production Machine Learning
- Good sense for user experience design
- Experience deploying, configuring and monitoring high availability/throughput systems
If you’re interested in learning more about our working style, the position, and benefits, get in touch.