Want to ship code used by Lyft, SeatGeek, Casper, and 500 other fast-growing tech companies? At Fishtown Analytics, we develop software that helps data teams be more effective. Our products empowers thousands of data analysts and engineers and we care deeply about providing the best possible experience for them.
Our product, dbt, is used at hundreds of companies, and that number is growing fast. We're looking for a software engineer to build cloud applications that make using dbt even more delightful and powerful.
Who we are
Fishtown Analytics was founded in 2016 by three former RJMetrics employees. While at RJMetrics, we developed strong opinions on how companies should practice analytics. Specifically, we believe that:
• Code, not graphical user interfaces, is the best abstraction to express complex analytic logic.
• Data analysts should adopt similar practices and tools to software developers.
• Critical analytics infrastructure should be controlled by its users as open source software.
• Analytic code itself — not just analytics tools — will increasingly be open-source.
If these sound like ideas you can get behind, we’d love to talk to you.
In this role, you can expect to:
• Collaborate with the product and dbt core development team to develop our SaaS, dbt Cloud
• Build the next generation of UI components and platform features that will make dbt more accessible, delightful, and powerful
• Work with variety of programming languages, systems, and technologies (we primarily use Python, Postgres, Kubernetes, and AWS)
You are a good fit if you:
• Have strong fundamentals in a variety of software development paradigms (e.g. object oriented, functional)
• Understand how to make tradeoffs to ship useful features today without sacrificing long-term quality
• Value interacting with end-users and deeply understanding their needs
• Are highly motivated and able to work autonomously
You have an edge if you:
• Have worked on a small team developing and deploying a SaaS product
• Have direct experience scaling out data platforms, especially with Kubernetes and/or AWS
At Fishtown Analytics, we are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, please apply anyway!
Engineering at Fishtown Analytics is remote OK. We are headquartered in Philadelphia, PA.