This is a unique opportunity to join our Marketing growth team from an engineering perspective and work with digital marketing experts and data scientists to drive growth at FreshBooks. Reporting to the Website Development Manager, this role has a direct impact on the growth of the marketing website as both a web application and marketing tool, used to connect and acquire FreshBooks Customers.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with full-stack web and application developers working on the FreshBooks Marketing Website, blog, and customer application
- Work closely with UX designers and Product owners to deliver the best possible web experience for our customers
- Partner with SEO experts to create valuable targeted landing pages for SEO/SEM initiatives
- Analyze data and provide data driven insights to inform business intelligence recommendations
- Share your ideas in technical design and architecture discussions for the future of the website and associated systems
- Work with development partners to deliver new exciting web experiences to FreshBooks customers
- Develop your craft and build your expertise in web full stack development
- Other duties as assigned
What you have:
- 3+ years of developing and implementing systems at scale
- Knowledge in PHP, MySQL, WordPress, ACF and Gutenberg
- Knowledge in data constructs (XML, JSON)
- Actual experience using continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous deployment pipelines for distributed apps preferably using CircleCI
- Experience and knowledge in developing/consuming REST APIs including tooling for documentation (REST-docs, openapi spec, Postman), versioning, service discovery/registration, testing and management
- Source Control Management (preferably Git/GitHub)
- Recent experience working in an agile environment using Scrum framework
- Verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Able to learn new technologies, and teach other members of the team
- Strong understanding of distributed systems, operating systems, networking, databases, security, and analytics
- Experience in Behaviour-driven Development; including knowledge and experience in testing frameworks (such as junit, cucumber, and other like technologies)
- Knowledge and experience on approaches and tools for automated testing and monitoring is a plus
What we can promise you:
- We follow user-centered design in everything we do, and you’ll be spending your first 3 weeks on our support team, just talking to customers.
- An incredible growth opportunity; this is an opportunity to help us scale the impact of insight across our organization.
- Commitment and belief in data analysis; this is an opportunity to contribute to an operation where data and research matter more than opinions.
- A great work experience. Competitive benefits and employee perks, plenty of fun and work, and team members who take pride in their work without ego, all in one of the most unique work cultures out there.
Why Join Us:
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one.