Do you love music? Are you ready to rock with the one of the leading suppliers for music devices and instruments in Switzerland and Central Europe? MusiX AG has an exciting opportunity for you!
To join our band you’ll need the following experience and skills:
- Completed apprenticeship or studies in Informatics, Mathematics or a related subject
- Solid experience in core Java software development (minimum 3 years of commercial experience)
- Good knowledge in object-oriented analysis and design (Java, C++)
- Experience in web-technologies or willingness to acquire a deeper knowledge in this area
- Good feeling for economic and technical processes
- Complex and analytical thinking
- Highly customer-focused attitude
- Know-how in the area of software methodology and frameworks
- Skills in Front-End (JS, Angular.js, Tapestry)
- Fluent English language level (spoken and written)
- German would be a plus
What’s in it for you?
- A great international team supporting you
- A company/partner with a focus for a long term work relationship with a long term perspective and options to evolve
- Paid4-weeks vacation and sick leaves
- Working remotely, which is more than just a practical advantage: embracing freedom, responsibility and mutual trust, some of our core values, allow us to work together as a team of experts, to be on a par with each other, to avoid wielding power, to avoid “managing others”. (We refer to a freedom based environment as described in book “Freedom, Inc.”)
- A musical instruments environment just rocks, doesn’t it?!
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing Java/database applications and implement web-applications for different operational areas. What you develop today will be applied in practice already the next day!
- Analyzing the needs together with colleagues from other teams and implementing tailored development solutions afterwards
- Integrating external systems (payment systems, customs duty systems etc.) can also be part of the development task as well as automating processes like Google AdWords optimization or customization of our website for mobile applications.
We are one of the leading suppliers for music devices and instruments in Switzerland and Central Europe. At the beginning of the year 2004 we were totally unknown in the market and now we grow globally and are pretty ambitious about it! We are innovative: up to now there is not yet any global supplier for musical instruments. There are big players in the market (e.g. GuitarCenter in the US, Thomann in Europe) but there’s no supplier who can cover the complete work of the global distribution and offer this service to a manufacturer.
Our topics are:
• Java8 (soon Java10) Eclipse, git, Junit
• SQL / databases
• Web technologies (Apache,Tapestry)
• Mobile Apps (Ionic, Angular, Cordova)
• Linux, OpenSource
• GUI applications (Java, Swing)
• business process analysis
• process optimization
• performance tuning
... and many other topics.
As a Software Developer you will have the chance to really make a difference while creating new software solutions every day. We are looking for professionals who enjoy creating something new, who like working independently and who feel engaged to a common goal on a long term commitment.