The Java Developer will develop new applications and features for our Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) utilizing the JEE tech stack. Partnering with business unit and IT stakeholders, you will contribute to the ongoing modernization and digitization of our global IT systems. You will also help to maintain existing applications and provide 3rd level support.
More specifically, you will:
- Ensure the implementation of LIMS related development in a timely and quality fashion;
- Translate business and IT specifications into detailed designs and java code, as well as unit and system testing;
- Ensure the quality of the development by implementing best practice designs, documenting the code appropriately and ensuring performance maximization by optimizing the code;
- Implement required data model changes and define the indexes required for optimized performance;
- Create the views and SQL statements that may be required by the applications or reporting tools.
- High Level Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related subject;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant Java development experience ideal;
- Experience with Relational Databases, SQL and Oracle PL/SQL, XML, JBoss, J2EE, Jasper Reports, Git, Java Patterns and / or Ajax;
- Experience working with Laboratory Information Management Systems would be advantageous;
- Familiar with Agile and Scrum methodologies;
- Fluent in English.