- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end services
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Skills and Qualifications
- Basic understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues
- Good understanding of handlebars.js and Sencha Touch frameworks is a plus. Good understanding of Apache Cordova (formerly PhoneGap) is another plus.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / Gitlab is a plus.
- Good understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance
- Working knowledge of server-side Java technologies and web-based RESTful APIs such as JSP and Servlets is a plus.
- Experiencing knowledge of IDE such as Eclipse is a plus.