- Ability to lead and architect a complex React project in both client and server-side environments.
- Ability to lead the front-end strategy for a project and make impactful decisions about the methodologies recommended to a client.
- At least five years experience building complex, scalable web-based applications that work with and consume API data.
- Expert experience developing web-based applications using ES6+, React and Node, including Server-side React.
- High-level of experience in the architectural concepts behind React, such as: state and data management, JSX, creating a componentized system, and Webpack.
- High-level of experience in the understanding of HTML and CSS including cross-browser compatibility, performance and WCAG accessibility compliance.
- Experience using Git.
- Experience with coded style guides and creating highly componentized systems.
- Being collaborative, self-motivated, and an “always-learning” person, excited to create great web experiences.
- Natural ability to ramp up and provide guidance to lesser experienced team members.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with React Native.
- Experience with coding PHP, specifically for WordPress as a platform, including custom post types, taxonomies, and use of WordPress beyond typical “blog” use cases.
- Experience with WordPress Gutenberg.
- Remote working experience appreciated.
- Experience mentoring and leading a team.
- Experience and expertise with third party integrations and client-side APIs.
- Strong ability to communicate with client stakeholders, both technical and non-technical, about the impact of decisions around markup approach, cross-platform responsive interactions, performance, and topics like accessibility and internationalization.