We are looking for an experienced Lead Application Engineer with a passion for architecting and developing solutions. You will be responsible for the technical leadership and the architecture of our application platform. This is a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a new Engineering team. As the Lead Application Engineer you will collaborate with WayWiser's CTO, Executive Team, and Product Team to create and support the vision for our products.
- 5 to 7 years as a Lead Engineer, hiring, leading, running a full-stack Engineering team for a consumer facing product (app, web, services).
- 10+ years overall engineering experience.
- Understand the architectural difference between solution approaches and communicate the advantages/disadvantages of your recommendation to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- AWS infrastructure and architecture.
- MongoDB, relational database, and other data platforms.
- Mid-tier frameworks such as NestJS/Node.js.
- ReactNative and React frameworks.
- DevOps and automated CI/CD processes and platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with start-up or scale-up organizations.
- Experience developing, releasing, and managing B2C
Role and responsibilities:
- Owning and defining application architecture and leading Engineering team.
- Ensure application architecture and platform align to scalability, responsiveness, and resiliency goals.
- Develop and implement best-practices for software Engineering, DevOps and quality, and ensure implementation across Engineering teams.
- Create the technical roadmap to align with business and product strategies.
- Collaborate with the product team to ensure priorities within product features.
- Lead technical discussions with product owners and business leaders.
- Create an Engineering team culture that fosters learning and consistent, predictable delivery.
- Work with the product team and others to define technical approaches and alternatives on concepts in design.
- Hire and lead a high-performing Engineering team.
- Determine goals, KPIs, and metrics for Engineering and collaborate with outsourced Engineering partner as we build our in-house team.
- Mentoring, coaching and personnel management of Engineers.
- Hands-on development of product features and the architecture to support them.
- Perform code reviews to ensure code quality and provide coaching/feedback to Engineering team members.
- Has experience with React Native, EXPO, React, NodeJS, MongoDB