The SeeThru Engineer Contractor is a leader who can create a vision for your team and lead people throughout its execution. You have at least 3 years experience in leading a team of three or more developers, and want to mentor other engineers.
- Hands-on coding, unit-testing, and maintenance of multiple projects, based on design specifications and change requests provided by the business team
- Oversee the automation of business and technical processes, troubleshoot production issues and fix as needed, maintaining and improving production-ready code as needed
- Work closely with the Product team to ensure that company coding standards, policies and IT procedures are observed as well as participate in the evaluation and selection of new strategies and technologies
- Solid software development skills with experience building software developed in (at least one) NodeJS, Java, or Scala
- Solid RDBMS and NoSQL database experience. Specifically Google Datastore and MongoDB
- Experience designing clean and maintainable RESTful JSON APIs
- Ability to rapidly learn new software languages, frameworks and APIs quickly
- Good knowledge of basic large-scale internet service architectures (such as load balancing, LAMP, CDN's, MEAN, Queues), even if you haven't worked on one
- Experience with common applications such as Apache, Memcached, SSH, Git.
- Sound knowledge of UNIX, DNS, TCP/IP network fundamentals
- Familiar with cloud-based technologies such as file storage, elastic search, NoSQL data structures (GCP/AWS)
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting skills: you can fix anything!
We believe CULTURE IS KEY.
At SeeThru we look for a few core values:
- Innate intelligence
- Adventurous spirit
- Sense of humor
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Passion for doing good and bringing massive positive change to this world
The entire team is expected to function in "start-up mode" demonstrating these characteristics:
- No task too small
- No hour too early
- No hour too late
- High performing
- Comfortable with complexity
- Fast learner
- Get Stuff Done (GSD)