Are you the kind of developer that loves to lean into challenges and keen to play a major role in creating an enterprise SaaS solution from scratch? Sick of maintaining monoliths or not having the freedom to build with a modern technical stack?
This is a unique opportunity to work closely with an ambitious team in making key technical decisions that will pave the way for the future of widely used e-commerce products.
The primary objective for this position is to lead the development of a new React/Redux frontend with the support of solutions and infrastructure architects, backend engineers, designers, product managers and other frontend developers.
Benefits include a young, progressive development team, work lifestyle balance and learning from people obsessed with creating seamless user experiences from the future. Join our team today and become part of the journey.
Applicants must meet the below criteria. Only those successful will be contacted for an interview.
- Passionate about coding and keeping up to date with the latest technology trends
- Deep understanding of client side architecture and web protocols with a vision for scalability
- Ability to see the bigger picture when designing the backbone of a frontend, keeping performance, security and component reusability paramount
- Keen to collaborate with UX designers with your own sense for how to best implement features
- Believe in the value of testing frameworks and product stability
- Take initiative and responsibility for your work, having pride and attention to detail in everything you do
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills; ability to work with minimum guidance in a fast paced environment
- Provide input into development, design and the enhancement of systems and procedures, recommending strategies for implementing new and existing policies
- 3+ years experience and recent hands-on coding and software design in React.Js, Redux, HTML5, CSS3
- Proficient with API driven technologies such as GraphQL and RESTful methodologies
- Responsive development for cross-device compatibility
- Experience with cloud based technologies such as GCP or AWS
- Experience with agile, iterative, and test-driven development methods
- Proficient with unit testing and automated GUI testing frameworks (remember, you’re free to implement your favourite tools)
- Provide thought leadership when making technical decisions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an affinity for problem-solving
- Bonus experience: Docker, PHP, CI/CD and UI design
More about you
- You have enthusiasm for genuinely improving how businesses operate and engage with their customers.
- You have initiative with attention to detail with the ability to work autonomously.
- Intellectually curious while always looking to challenge the status-quo.
- You're articulate and have the ability to communicate complex written or visual stories in a simple and direct way.
- You're passionate about technology and keep your finger on the pulse of new tech.
- You’re a self-starter who thrives in a results-driven environment.
- Ultimately you would have a BS/BA degree with experience in self service B2B cloud software.
- Related industry background and experience in IT service management, start up experience, and/or agile software development is a plus.
Cavewire is a fast-growing, venture-backed startup that is changing the way companies plan, source and order their products to be made and sold. With federal and state Government support, along with leading investors and advisors, we’re building an intelligent business solution that supports companies in their day to day operations, saving them valuable time to focus on business growth.
The Cavewire network has processed over $120M in GMV and is experiencing rapid growth. After launching in early 2016 we’re now looking to double our team as we continue to expand into new product verticals. We’re looking for intelligent high achievers that are hungry to tackle problems, individuals who challenge the status quo and can help us shift industries towards a more efficient model for retail success. If you’re looking to make a dent on the way the world works, apply to join our team and become a part of the journey.
At Cavewire, we offer a flexible work environment. You will become part of an ambitious team that is passionate about solving technical problems. If you are successful in this application you will be rewarded with a competitive salary with options in the company. Join us and build the future of commerce, help us give brands the ability to blow the socks of their retailers and more importantly their customers around the world.