Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
Johnson & Johnson Health Technology is looking for a Lead Software Developer to join a fast-paced, innovative, and highly visible team building critical software solutions. The position is based at our Limerick office in Ireland.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical device markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high-quality products and services to help heal, cure disease, and improve the quality of life of patients and their loved ones. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, and committed to inclusion, J&J is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Develop a strong understanding of the business, strategic direction, overall organizational goals, and individual user needs.
- Work with developers to craft and implement proof of concept solutions and build advanced applications to deliver on the desired customer experience.
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and adoption to achieve desired outcomes and realize benefits
- Act as a Coach and Mentor to drive Automation, DevOps, and industry best practice
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and passion in solving business problems and staying ahead of current trends related to the latest software technologies
- Provide oversight and management of development activities and ensure standards are being adhered to.
- Adapt to new technologies and languages to focus on areas of demand
- Collaborating with the Product Owners and Business Partners to review product requirements and user stories, propose viable implementation options, and define specific software tasks.
- Researching new and evolving technologies and developing prototypes.
- Working in an agile development team to iteratively deliver system updates and product releases.
- Creating elegant, well-tested solutions to complex problems.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or similar.
- 10yrs+ of relevant industry experience.
- Extensive experience using Java.
- Knowledge of Jasper Reports, shell scripting or Cloud technologies an advantage.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in leading complex projects using agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban etc.)
- Proven ability to work with stakeholders and customers to identify and refine software requirements.
- Must be able to solve sophisticated business problems and present recommendations to senior management optimally.
- Must have good organizational and decision-making skills.
- Proven ability to lead and influence others at all levels within the organization.
- Strong influencer with the ability to successfully navigate change and drive success across teams.
- Prior experience delivering Lab solutions, the LabVantage platform in particular, an advantage but not essential.
Travel requirements: 10-20% within EMEA & US
What’s in it for you…?
“Caring for the world, one person at a time…”
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously. As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility. Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth. Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.