Based in Denver, Colorado, Inboxlab is an incubator that builds companies revolving around email. Founded in 2017 by serial entrepreneur and angel investor, Nicholas Pardon, Inboxlab seeks to create value in new and existing companies by leveraging our core competencies around data, marketing, branding, and most importantly, the inbox.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Senior Back-end Developer, you will be responsible for back-end application development, system architecture design, infrastructure management and devops as well as playing a key role in contributing to the overall direction and design for websites and web apps. This role reports to the VP Engineering and requires an individual with excellent back-end application development expertise, system architecture experience, REST API development and design experience, database management and devops experience as well as great teamwork, communication and attention to detail.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Work closely in teams composed of Product Managers, UX/UI Designers, Front-end Developers, Back-end Developers and QA Analysts.
- Work with the engineering team and product team to design, develop, test and deploy new functionality, apps, systems and more.
- Design, develop, document and manage Inboxlab’s REST API.
- Work closely with front-end developers to integrate REST APIs and develop the application’s logic and features.
- Communicate with the management team and translate business needs into technical specifications and requirements.
- Setup and manage relational and non-relational (schema-less) databases.
- Work with very large amounts of data using systems like Google BigQuery to store and analyse large amounts of event driven data and make decisions based on the findings.
- Run, manage and maintain Inboxlab’s many servers and web apps and ensure infrastructure, scalability and constant uptime.
- Integrate with various third party APIs to consume, deliver and connect data between our own system and trusted third parties.
- Develop SQL queries for grouping and analysing data.
- Work in a product development process that is primarily agile/scrum.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING
- 8+ years of back-end development experience working in a production environment and serving millions of users.
- 8+ years working in a product development team/environment, collaborating with Product Managers, UX/UI Designers, Front-end Developers, Back-end Developers and QA Analysts.
- 6+ years working with MongoDB and MySQL databases.
- 6+ years designing, developing, testing, documenting and deploying REST APIs consumed by millions of users.
- 6+ years experience with NodeJS and Express.
- 6+ years experience working in the MEAN (MongoDB - Express - Angular/React - NodeJS) stack
- Experience in managing and maintaining servers (tools like Heroku, Docker, Amazon AWS)
- Experience with Heroku.
- Experience with Google BigQuery (some other big data system like Amazon RedShift also a plus).
- Experience with HTML/CSS/JS/ReactJS a plus.
- 5+ years experience working in an agile/scrum development process.
- Experience with integrating REST APIs in web applications.
- Experience working with Git and sharing code repositories.
- Strong technical background.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience with designing large backend systems and REST APIs that are used by millions of users.
- Experience with testing and documenting REST APIs.
- Ability to communicate with end users and translate needs into technical requirements/specifications.
- Ability to work both individually and as a member of a team.
- Organized with strong time management and estimation skills/experience (i.e. ability to give and stick to a timeline/estimate).
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and help to determine priorities based on time, complexity, availability, etc.
- Experience with other web UI/application frameworks a plus.
- Desire to learn new technologies, languages, frameworks, etc.