About the position:
Are you a talented Sr. Backend Engineer with deep experience in Django/Python looking to work on meaningful, user-centric products? As a Sr. Backend Engineer, you will help architect and implement Miro’s platform. You’ll develop sensible APIs to interact with multiple UIs as well as our data analysis engine. You’ll develop business logic and workflow components with our product team. You’ll know the right time to break out components into their own services (not too early!). You’ll be the champion of the separation of concerns.
- Architect and develop systems in Python to meet technical, scientific, and business goals
- Design, implement and maintain APIs (Django)
- Design schema and query optimization for databases (PostgreSQL, NoSQL)
- Craft robust QA systems to ensure product and data quality and reliability
- Design and maintain required software version controls
- Maintain clean, well-documented code and logging
- 7+ years developing Python / Django / REST APIs, business logic, and workflow management
- Significant experience architecting and implementing large software systems using microservices
- Experience with AuthZ / AuthN, AWS IAM, AWS services, a plus.
- Experience with NumPy and Pandas.
- Passion for clean, well-documented code
- Experience working at an early stage startup
- Experience successfully developing and launching consumer products
- BS or MS in CS or equivalent
- Qualities that will bring success to the role
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong ability to prioritize and maintain focus
- Proactive in thoughts and actions
- Obsessive about clean code, clear documentation, and streamlined development processes
- Natural ability to inspire and maintain positivity
Competitive salary, equity, healthcare coverage, flexible hours and vacation