At DISCO, we strongly believe in the uniqueness of thought, experience and perspective that can only be achieved through having an inclusive and diverse workforce. We strive to continue to make DISCO an incredible place to work by fostering a culture of inclusiveness, diversity, openness and collaboration. We value all different kinds of experience, so even if you feel you don't meet all of the necessary criteria for this position, we encourage you to apply.
What is DISCO?
DISCO is the industry standard for managing, organising and sharing music and other media. We make music and media workflow fast, intuitive and simple, directly connecting people and their work to save time. Today we count UMG, Sony, Warner Music, Netflix, Amazon and Rockstar Games among our customers, and over 250,000 people interact with DISCO each month. Our customers are super passionate about our product.
London, England, UK
Melbourne, Victoria, AU
As a Senior Backend Engineer on the DISCO team, you will assist in designing robust and scalable architecture, implementing comprehensive and secure APIs, and finding elegant solutions to complex problems. Ultimately, you will have a huge impact on the architecture, design and technology stack of our application.
The ideal candidate will employ strategic thinking, collaborate with cross-functional teams and possess advanced knowledge of software engineering principles. If you are a Senior Backend Engineer, who has a passion for quality, prides themselves on being a resourceful and adaptive learner of new technologies, enjoys working collaboratively, and can help us drive our vision forward, this role is for you!
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop and implement new, scalable features that meet the needs of our company and customers
- Help translate product specs and business requirement into buildable tasks for the development team
- Ensure application security and assist with information security compliance initiatives
- Assist with incident response in a production environment
- Assist with initiatives to address existing technical debt and ensure new code avoids it wherever possible
- Write clean, scalable, high quality code, with unit tests and integration tests
- Review and critique other engineers’ pull requests
- Assist with deployment processes and the developer experience
- Influence the engineering team to adopt good practices and design scalable applications
- Help more junior engineers grow in the business by mentoring them as required
- 5+ years of backend development experience
- 2+ years of experience developing for Python and Django, specifically the Django REST Framework
- 3+ years of building for web and strong knowledge of RESTful APIs
- 3+ years experience with relational databases, with PostgreSQL experience preferred
- Experience in DevOps/site reliability
- Experience developing for cloud platforms like AWS, GCP, Azure
- Fluent written and spoken English
Nice to haves:
- Bachelor's and/or Master's in Computer Science or similar
- Experience being on call and supporting production issues of a heavily used application
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code, especially Terraform
- Experience with containers
- Experience in a startup business
- Experience working in a remote development team
At DISCO, our employees have told us what benefits mean the most to them, and we've listened. So as a DISCO employee, you will work remotely from home (or a co-working space) whilst being supported by a friendly and fun international team.
In addition, you will receive:
- A competitive salary in a fast-growing startup
- Office set-up allowance
- Annual learning and development allowance
- Annual learning and development allowance
- Four weeks of paid vacation leave per year
- Paid bank/public holidays as outlined in our Leave Policy
- Two weeks of paid sick leave per year
- Paid Parental Leave
- A company laptop
- Monthly internet allowance/reimbursement
- The ability to work how you want. We’re not heavy on rule books. Everyone is trusted to figure out the best way to work.
- Manage your own time, work remotely - we just ask that, if you’re based in a city where we have other staff, that you're open to spending some face time with them, and that you have at least a couple of hours crossover with Australian business hours year-round.