Our dream engineer has a knack for writing the most performance optimized code along with it being modular and scalable. Mentally, you must have the persistence to continuously challenge the status quo and embrace change. Culturally, you need to believe that no challenge is too big to solve, and love thinking about products and get excited to ideate and build all by yourself. Eventually, assume the leadership of a team of engineers in addition to being a senior individual contributor.
What you will be doing?
- You design, develop and deploy backend services that scale, are highly available, easy to extend and covered by automation testing
- You build and operate infrastructure, user tooling, and deployment pipelines
- Look after core services that critical to the business and ensure its high availability and functionality
- You take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team, including taking part in an on-call rotation
- We want you to bring your whole self to work and strive to foster an environment that supports your individual growth
- 5 years experience working with backend technologies (we focus on NodeJS and some Java)
- A valued team player in a dynamic, autonomous, cross-functional agile team that inspires others
- You’re familiar with designing and building distributed and scalable systems
- Experienced in designing, analyzing, optimizing code, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- You are interested in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
- You have a good understanding of data structures and algorithms, and understand how to apply them to design solutions
- You care about quality and want to improve processes, both internally and across the company
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English