Overview of role:
The team at SupportLogic is dedicated to improving the experience of today's Support professionals while helping companies serve and retain their customers through AI/ML based intelligent escalations, proactive interactions, and problem resolutions. Our hands-on Senior DevOps Engineer will work collaboratively with other DevOps engineers, application developers, technical architects, and stakeholders across other departments to deliver modern, enterprise-grade, cloud-native architectures with high levels of automation.
How your work will support our growth:
- Modernize - Enable new features and mitigate gaps in the existing technical stack through continuous modernization with software architects and development teams.
- Enable decisions - Evaluate cutting edge products and platform solutions to provide technical proposals for leadership to make the right decisions.
- Architect - Propose new platform architectures and process improvements in DevOps in collaboration with Product, Customer Success, and other engineers.
- Monitor - Drive monitoring and observability strategy and implementation in the organization by infrastructure and application monitoring/alerting solutions. Propose the right monitoring framework by assessing the existing use cases and pain points.
- Deploy - Support software deployments while looking to improve the CI/CD/CT process continuously.
- Automate - Identify avenues to improve productivity by automating DevOps processes where applicable.
- Secure - Improve security posture of the current solutions with both tools and processes. Provide best practices in secret management and participate in security certification processes.
- Sustain - Champion stability to the existing 24/7 supported systems by participating in the incident management process through weekly on-call duties once a month to troubleshoot and provide fixes in a timely fashion.
Our Tech Stack:
- Cloud platform: Google Cloud Platform
- Containers: Docker, Kubernetes
- Data flow: Postgres, Snowflake, RethinkDB, Fivetran
- Project/ticket management: Jira
- Release: Git, Github, CircleCI
- Security: Jumpcloud, Okta, Auth0, Vault, Google KMS
- Observability: Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk, Datadog
- VPC provisioning: Terraform
- Automation: Python and Bash
- Monitoring: Splunk
About you (don't worry if you don't have this whole list- we expect you to learn with us):
- A dynamic self-starter who’s excited to contribute in a fast paced startup environment.
- Embraces ambiguity and proactively takes ownership.
- Knowledge of various IaaS, PaaS, SaaS offerings within GCP and other clouds. Includes VM and database provisioning, network architecture and various other aspects involved in VPC design.
- Understand various non-functional requirements and their associated SLAs such as scalability via scaling up/out, performance, monitorability, availability, security.
- Experience with Docker containerization, Kubernetes orchestration, and micro services architecture.
- Scripting experience to automate regular tasks to improve performance and maintainability.
- Familiar with logging, monitoring and observability solutions.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code solutions and CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with Authentication and Authorization (OAuth2, SAML, LDAP) solutions.
- Fluent with Git/Github including branching, merging, and tagging.
- Familiarity to manage SQL and noSQL/document store databases and data pipeline (ETL,ELT) platforms.
- Works best using Agile methodology and comfortable with 2 week sprints.
Base salary: $150-$180k depending on experience plus full premium benefits for you and your dependents, 401k match, equity and more.
How we support our employees' growth and well-being (an abbreviated list- our goal is to have healthy, well-rounded employees):
- Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) for employee+ family is fully covered by us + FSA, Teledoc, EAP program, and more- your health is our top priority, otherwise, you can't be expected to be your best at work.
- ClassPass discount- whether it's yoga, bootcamp, cycling, or meditation that you crave, we're here to help make fitness accessible.
- 401k match- we match the first 3.5% of your contributions
- Remote 1st, collaborative, and transparent culture.
- Unlimited PTO where you're encouraged to take to recharge.
Our differences make us better:
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is deep and core to the company we're building. Our users are diverse, and we believe that our company needs to reflect the diversity of our users in order to build the best possible product. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated at SupportLogic, and we pride ourselves in making sure that all employees feel heard, supported, and challenged. To that end, SupportLogic prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, marital status, national origin, mental or physical disability, political belief or affiliation, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of employment and application for employment.