HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You’ve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge you’ve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
What You Will Do:
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. In this vital role, you will join our Research Informatics team to deliver solutions by using Agile and DevOps methodologies. You will help build innovative scientific applications with modern technology stacks that will be used by our research partners to drive Amgen’s innovation in drug discovery.
Our success in informatics is inspired by our dedication to our patients and to our business partners. We develop, integrate, and maintain technologies that deliver critical business value. Further, we at Amgen are building upon our long-term commitment to patients by developing a whole new class of novel molecules – and we need top talent to ensure these molecules become medicines and realize their potential for helping patients.
- Design and implement Information Systems solutions for researchers in our Discovery, Non-Clinical & Early Development teams
- Deliver outcomes focused on the management and utilization of data to transform the speed of biologics discovery & development as part of the Biologics NExT initiative
- Lead technical workstreams that develop software components in support of R&D scientific business objectives.
- Develop and expand our bioinformatics automation capabilities through support for new pipeline and algorithm integration in Amgen’s ecosystem.
- Design, develop and deliver high-quality, scalable, and robust software products & components in collaboration with product management, stakeholders & engineering teams.
- Ensure effective design, development, and management of software products in compliance with Amgen's security and quality standards
- Collaborate with scientists to evaluate and use innovative technologies in the industry to meet scientific business needs.
- Contribute to the vision & roadmap for the Research software ecosystem.
What We Expect Of You:
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The informatics professional we seek is a driven performer with these qualifications:
- Master’s degree and 3 years of Informatics and/or Information Systems experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of Informatics and/or Information Systems experience
- Associate’s degree and 10 years of Informatics and/or Information Systems experience
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Informatics and/or Information Systems experience
Beyond that, additional Preferred Qualifications are:
- Solid foundation in modern software design and engineering practices, such as microservices, serverless, and containerization
- Experience in developing and supporting scientific applications or laboratory information systems
- Scientific educational background or work experien
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Strong proficiency in one or more of the following technologies:
- Java or Python programming language
- Relational databases such as Oracle or Postgres
- AWS services related to compute and storage, such as EC2, S3, Lambda, ECS and Batch
- CI/CD pipelines, such as GitLab CI/CD or Jenkins
- Ability to pick up scientific domain knowledge and understanding of scientists’ software requirements and workflows
- Experience with bioinformatics applications including NGS pipeline development
- High learning agility, innovation, and analytical skills
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
Some of the vast rewards of working here:
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan—comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits—with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor