Who we are looking for:
We’re looking for a senior level backend developer with at least 5 years of relevant experience to join our Tallinn office. You will join a team of developers and will take a lead developer role. This position is for someone who loves to wear many hats, is passionate about technology and building products users love.
- Participate in planning and design of new customer-facing features.
- Collaborate with our frontend developers to design and build APIs.
- Own the backend business logic and take good care of the data.
- Participate in code reviews and peer testing of the new functionality.
- Automate testing of your code and participate in fixing bugs.
- Solve problems with our product, design and business teams.
- Improve and refactor our platform to keep it performant and scalable.
What you need to be successful:
- Solid knowledge of OOP PHP, PHP frameworks and RESTful APIs.
- Understanding of the internals of a modern web framework (MVC, ORM, DI, queueing).
- Know the difference between spaghetti code and a well-architected PHP application.
- Knowledge of Laravel, Symfony or other PHP MVC framework.
- Experience with SQL, efficient querying, common data structures and caching.
- Adept at tackling frequently changing requirements, identifying an MVP and shipping code early and often.
- Ability to design, document, build and evolve services, APIs and data models.
- Great communication and problem-solving skills, good command of spoken and written English.
Bonus points for:
- Ability to work on aspects outside the application code - from designing the system architecture, managing the lifecycle of services, modeling databases to security and compliance.
- Experience working with large volumes of data, both relational and unstructured.
- Experience working in an Agile DevOps environment.