Help us build out a digital health platform that is fundamentally changing the way that millions of Canadians access health care across the country. You will be joining a tight-knit, high performing team that is dedicated to building an industry-leading product that improves access to care for patients. Our office is located in downtown Vancouver with an incredible view of Coal Harbour and the North Shore mountains, and only steps away from Waterfront Station.
Who we are:
Medimap is a digital health start up dedicated to providing patients with innovative solutions that make it easier to get the care you need, when you need it. Our core product is currently used by millions of patients to look up wait times at walk-in medical clinics across the country and to check-in online. Since launching over 3 years ago we have expanded into 6 provinces and partnered with over 60% of the walk-in clinics in Canada. This year we were recognized by the BC Innovation Council as one of the top 3 most promising start ups in the province and named to the digital health Ready to Rocket list.
Why we need you:
We are looking for a rockstar Senior Software Developer to help take our platform to the next level. You will work closely with our founder and other team members on developing new features and maintaining existing ones across our full stack. You will help ensure our platform continues to scale and meet the needs of our growing user base, while having the opportunity to contribute to the product roadmap and make technical decisions that influence the company's direction.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for someone who is comfortable working in a small, dynamic team, where no two days are the same. Ideally you have 5+ years of professional development experience and you are comfortable working with new technologies.
Some of the qualifications that will set you up for success in the role include:
• Experience working with AWS
• Experience developing production web applications using React or similar frameworks
• High level of proficiency using Node and NPM modules
• Experience performing database administration using cloud services along with MySQL
• Proficiency in problem solving and analytical thinking
• The following skills are not requirements of the job, but they would be assets:
• Experience or strong interest in network management or web application performance
• Experience developing apps in React Native
• AI and machine learning
What we Offer:
• Competitive compensation package
• Flexible hours and ability to work remotely
• Work with new and emerging technologies
• Leadership and growth opportunities
• Build a product that improves the lives of patients