What is it like to work with us:
We are a lean team of explorers, builders, scientists and just plain curious folks who live and breathe the Jamstack. We decided to tackle the massive challenge of orchestrating an ever-growing set of tools that need to play nicely together, and we keep this in mind with every project we decide to take on. At Stackbit, you will have tons of impact and have the prerogative to make things happen, along with empowerment to determine what these "things" are. You will be part of a flat, fully-distributed organization, with an uncanny entrepreneurial spirit and relentless motivation to move the needle where it counts. We help each other, uplift each other, and rely on each other's feedback and expertise to inform our choices and help us make the web, better.
As Senior Software Engineer, what will you be doing at Stackbit:
- Making the web better. You'll help build the ultimate solutions platform for the modern web, making it a fantastic experience for developers, web creators and website visitors alike.
- You'll expand Stackbit's eco-system coverage. You'll work with most of the tools in the modern web tech stack, evaluate them and help integrate some into the Stackbit platform. For example, you'll have to research new CMS and check for compatibility and integration with Stackbit architecture.
- Help in onboarding customers and preparing their Jamstack sites for use in Stackbit. It's a challenging and super satisfying role that will enable many people and business to achieve their goals, while helping make our own tools better.
- Be on the front lines of integrations and working with real clients to help generate insights and requirements for new tools and features within the Stackbit platform, which you can then help build.
Requirements for the role - In order of importance:
- 3+ years experience with React and React based tools (Redux, Storybook, etc.)
- 3+ years experience using Node.js and developing NPM packages
- Expertise in best practices and conventions for each Jamstack tool
- Experience with one or more of the following headless CMSs: Contentful, Sanity, Forestry, Netlify CMS, Dato CMS, Kontent, Graph CMS, etc.
- Experience with headless CMS schema concept
- Experience with static site generators: Gatsby (React), Next.js (React), Hugo, Jekyll, Vuepress (Vue), Gridsome (Vue), Nuxt (Vue), Sapper (Svelte)
- Bonus for experience with: Deployed multiple variations of Jamstack based websites, for example: Gatsby + Contentful, Jekyll + Foresty, Hugo + NetlifyCMS.
What will make us a good fit together:
- We are self-starters, comfortable with ambiguity and working without a guidebook. You understand the big picture and are able to zoom out and autonomously confirm your projects and goals are in alignment with it.
- At Stackbit, we believe it is never "somebody else's problem" and we greatly appreciate team players who jump at the chance to make things happen. We take pride in owning our successes and failures and using them to improve our work and the work of those around us to build a better product and team.
- You are an active contributor. You enjoy sharing new ideas and learning new technologies and code languages.
- You enjoy giving feedback and welcome receiving it. We strongly believe in constructive delivery that helps everyone become a better version of themselves.
- Comfortable with change - We have a clear vision and target and we're moving fast towards it, exploring new paths and opportunities.
- Impact-driven. We understand our users, set and prioritize objectives, find the correct way to measure how we're doing against those objectives and ruthlessly execute, while monitoring actual impact vs. projected impact to constantly improve.
- Able to communicate across countries and cultures, and engage in discussions about the product in a meaningful way. Comfortable working with a fully distributed, global team, with different timezones and availabilities.