We are looking for an innovative Senior Software Engineer to join our finance development team who build and manage complex financial applications for our business. Currently these include a bespoke invoicing solution, currency management software, and a revenue recognition system which processes large amounts of complex data. There are a number of upcoming green field projects in the financial area, numerous manual processes for invoicing and revenue recognition which need to be automated, and monolithic legacy applications which need to be redesigned and rebuilt to scale in line with the business needs
You will be joining a collaborative agile team which is focused on continuing to enhance and add new features to our product aligning to business goals.
Workhuman are an Irish Technology company, hosting all research and development on our products which power workplace cultures globally here in our Irish headquarters.
The value you will deliver:
- You will work with a distributed development team continuously delivering solutions that will enhance our SaaS platform capability
- You will partner with our UX/UI team and be part of the design discussions/decisions as well as implementing the designs
- You have an agile mindset, valuing
- You will contribute to sprint planning & backlog refinement sessions, daily stand-ups and retrospectives with our technology teams (Dev, Automated QA, UX/UI, Product)
- You will work with our DevOps and Architecture teams to move to a continuous deployment model
The skills you will bring:
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Information technology or equivalent work experience
- You have 5+ years working on application design and development in enterprise applications with the following: Java, OOP, JEE stack/Spring, JMS and Camel
- You are familiar with RESTful as an API design
- You have good Database application development experience with SQL or NoSQL databases.
- A knowledge of Linux and shell scripting is an advantage.
- You have experience with git or other version control tools.
- You have experience with automated unit and integration testing
- You develop in accordance to best software engineering practice, helping to define development standards for the team
- You like to collaborate openly with the team on shared items of work and communicate well in a team-oriented environment across locations
- You share your knowledge and enjoy mentoring other team members
- 25 days annual leave, increasing with years of service
- Company plan VHI Health Care & Dental cover for employee and dependencies
- A Pension commencing after probation period
- Participation in Workhuman’s employee recognition programs
- Discounted gift certificates
- Discounted TaxSaver Travel cards/free car parking (subject to availability)
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Access to our Tuition Reimbursement Scheme
- Access to Workhuman University
- Additional ‘perks’ - Free breakfast cereal, fruit, tea/coffee, fantastic catered events and wellness activities throughout the year etc.
Did you know:
- We have an award winning culture, we were #1 Great Place to Work in Ireland 2019 medium-sized workplace, #4 in the 2020 Ireland large-sized workplaces and were named as one of Irelands Best Workplaces for Women 2020 by Great Place to Work
- There are currently over 4.5 million users on Workhuman® across 160 countries.
- Our core values are; Respect, Determination, Innovation and Imagination.
At Workhuman, we love what we do because we’re shaping the future of work through our people and our technology. Our human cloud-based applications are helping some of the world’s leading global brands connect culture to shared purpose. The Workhuman Cloud empowers employees to thank, talk and celebrate each other, creating an environment that sparks gratitude and human connection while increasing employee engagement and productivity.