As a Senior Software Engineer, your main goal is to help architect, implement and maintain the core services and integrations of the XCHG Platform and related projects. You’ll also be responsible for mentoring, sharing knowledge, and guiding the technical decisions of the team to set us up for long-term success, both as a product and as a team. As a key hire on a growing engineering team, you’ll have a deep impact on engineering practices and culture.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be tasked with modeling differentiated exchange products and transforming producer data into a tradable digital asset. This involves efficiently querying large producer datasets, provided by a third-party API, to derive production source data and the attributional profile for an exchange product. Once that product is created from source data, we implement it as a traceable and tradable digital asset utilizing a verifiable data structure. This role requires deep thinking about complex data problems in the commodities space coupled with implementing verifiable transactions in a marketplace.
Who we're looking For:
- You can turn complex business requirements into working software that our customers love to use.
- You're proud of the code you write, but you're also pragmatic.
- You have an intense intellectual curiosity, both within technology and outside of technology, and a deep humility about how much there is to learn.
- You know when it is time to refactor, and when it's time to ship.
- You're focused, driven and can get challenging projects across the finish line.
- You're empathetic, patient and love to help your teammates grow.
- You have experience running apps in production and take software engineering practices seriously.
- You write meaningful tests and understand the value of great logging, proper monitoring, and error tracking.
- 5+ years experience building production-grade systems using modern tooling and libraries
- You are comfortable working with databases and have experience with data modeling, data architecture or database design.
- You see yourself as the get-stuff-done type and are excited to be part of different projects within the context of a growing startup.
- You have experience building and deploying your code.
- You take ownership of your code from inception to production and are proactive about shipping on time with quality.