Have you ever thought: travel planning requires me to juggle too many apps, resources, and booking platforms? We at Travelchime (a seed-stage company funded by Y Combinator and General Catalyst) are working to engineer the hub for planning leisure travel.
As one of our first 3 engineers, you will:
- Design and decide what to build based on what would help travelers and drive growth. You won’t be handed a spec; you’ll be coming up with it!
- Build data pipelines to crawl, process, and synthesize data from blogs, social media, and other sources around the web
- Write tests and and build out engineering infrastructure. Our code is fully typed (Typescript) and tested.
- Debug and fix bugs and scale the infrastructure as it grows.
- Review code written by other engineers.
- This position is a full-time role reporting to the cofounders at Travelchime headquarters in San Francisco. It can be remote, though we’d want to work together in person for a few weeks when we start.
What you might work on include
- A mobile app that will let our users view trip documents on the go, on their smartphones, without having to open their browsers and navigate to Travelchime.com.
- A widget in the Travelchime editor to see information from more sites around the web about places that you add to a trip planning document.
- Better invite and collaboration tools to encourage people using Travelchime to get more friends to join them.
- A profile page that lets travelers on Travelchime show off where they’ve been, see how many people they’ve helped, and follow other friends and their trips