Who you are:
• You think kids are smart and funny. You want to learn from them and build tools to help them reach their potential.
• You go deep into hard problems and persist to find the solution.
• You’re never done learning.
• You ask lots of questions and pride yourself on coming up with good ones.
• You care about the product you’re building and want to make it better. You see yourself as a guardian of the user experience, not just the code.
• You’re a student of programming language history and want to help realize the dreams of the early computing pioneers.
• Learning how to write high-performing graphics code sounds exciting rather than daunting.
• You write tests and try to make your code easy to change. You hold yourself and your team to rigorous standards of code quality.
• You having processes for how you work and are always trying to make them better.
• You believe diversity makes stronger teams. You want to learn from and collaborate with people who bring multiple perspectives to the table.
• You want a job that isn’t limited by your title, you can pitch in wherever you see a need.
• You bring your whole self to your job and believe this is essential for doing great work.
What you’ll do:
• Write code in Swift and Objective-C for the Hopscotch iOS editor and app.
• Occasionally write code for with the backend server in Ruby on Rails.
• Pair-program with the co-founder and CTO.
• Run the QA process to ensure that the app ships bug-free.
• Interact with kids on our forum to get bug reports and solicit testers.