We are looking for a functional programmer (Clojure / Java) to join our team. This role can be based in New York City or remote. You will be working alongside our VP of Engineering and product team. This is an opportunity to partner with proven entrepreneurs and help build and grow a venture backed startup in the Marketing and Voip space. You will be a core member of the team building and scaling a Voip product on the cloud.
In this role you will be pivotal to helping design and operate environments that enable fast paced development and deployments while achieving high availability. We run a Microservices architecture in a containerized environment on AWS. You will also be crucial to our product advancement as we add new features and expand the product offering. As well as coding daily, you will help design and develop infrastructure to improve resiliency, security, and data availability.
- Work with the engineering and product teams to turn product requirements into software requirements and architecture
- Ship high quality software on predictable schedules during product cycles you help develop
- Work closely with the team to debug application issues by evaluating application logs, stack traces, and system metrics. We utilize and rely on Datadog heavily for metrics, monitoring and logging.
- Design, implement and maintain our secure, scalable, and available infrastructure
- Identify, triage, and solve production issues
- Maintain 100% uptime
- Maintain integration and sandbox environments that remain near approximation of production
- Build processes and systems to help us scale
- Suggest and implement architecture and process improvements
- Create redundancy and automatic failure recovery throughout the infrastructure
- Collaborate with developers to solve system related problems
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years experience in software engineering and/or release engineering
- Must have high standards for product quality
- Strong functional programming experience
- Experience working in a cloud environment (AWS)
- Versed in internet architectures including web, application, and database components such as SQL
- Strong communication skills and works well with a team
- Experience in designing, implementing and scaling technical architectures and systems desired
- B2b SaaS experience is a plus
- Experience in a startup environment a plus