A Rent Items' Software Engineer for Web Applications will be responsible for developing our rental marketplace web application. Working inside an innovative and energetic technology team, as our Software Engineer for Web Applications, you will use your creativity to implement new features and functionality and collaborate with other team members to ensure our rental community’s experience is continuing to improve and receive the best tools.
Here at Rent Items everyone has a direct contribution in improving the quality of life and wellbeing of our communities. Everything you do will have a tremendous impact on the way people live, work, collaborate, share.
As a Rent Items’ Software Engineer you will be using web technologies and be highly proficient in building software applications that provide a best of breed UX. This means being a creative, analytical, enthusiastic and user-focused individual, a good problem solver, eager to meet aggressive deadlines.
• Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve our software.
• Help manage web-based technical project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
• Be eager to learn continuously and share latest technology advancements.
• Promote and be open to ongoing technical innovation.
• BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study or equivalent work experience.
• 3 years experience with web application development projects.
• 1 year experience with the following technologies: Angular 5+, GCP and/or AWS, relational and NoSQL databases, Bootstrap and/or SCSS, UI prototyping (Sketch, Adobe Figma/XD, etc.).
• Experience with the following concepts: material design, machine learning, information retrieval, artificial intelligence (AI), networking, developing large software systems, and/or secure software development.
• Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
• Mobile application development experience using the latest technology and tools.
• Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
• Has the ability to work on both web and mobile application development projects.
• Experience working with any of the following technologies: Firestore, Firebase, React, Stripe, emailing services (Mailgun, SendGrid, etc.), SMS Gateway APIs (e.g. Twilio).