Our stack is React Native/Python/Django/Postgres on top of Heroku.
What’ll you do:
- Take product ownership from planning to post-shipping iteration for core products for our Members, Neighbors, and Ops team
- Ship full-stack code across mobile, our admin tools, and our backend
- Use software as a way to solve core user and business problems
We have a particular kind of philosophy for software development:
- The most difficult task is choosing the right problems to solve.
- Use the best tool for the job and build only what we have to: software is in service of our users.
- Keep the team as small as possible. We love “pizza box” teams, where each member of the team has an outsized impact.
- Embrace open source tools and contribute back when we can
In this role, you will use software to augment human capability, creating a better experience and operational efficiency for our Members, Handy Neighbors, and Operations team.
We believe that a successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- 3+ years shipping software, including have made core architectural decisions (with the scars to prove it)
- Back-end experience with a MVC framework like Django or Rails. Python experience in particular is a big plus.
- Impact-driven, both in the mission you’d like to work towards, and the software you choose to write
- Thrive in a self-driven, independent role