You’d be a good fit if:
• You are an expert with HTML/SCSS with 5+ years of experience developing websites
• You have experience building responsive websites across all devices (desktop, mobile, tablet)
• You are comfortable testing and optimizing for cross-platform compatibility
• You have experience using Git and have used Github to submit pull requests
• You focus on every last detail needed to build beautiful websites for our customers
• You understand the value of constraints and know how to creatively use them to create scalable and responsive components and websites
• You have an understanding of web standards including HTML accessibility standards
• We don't have a minimum number of years of experience for this role. We highly favor talent and interest.
• Some candidates may see this list and feel discouraged because they don’t match all the items. Please apply anyway: there’s a good chance you’re more wonderful than you think you are.
• B12 is a safe place for human beings. We particularly encourage you to apply if you identify as a woman, are a person of color or other underrepresented minority, or are a member of the LGBTQ community.
We are a startup based in NYC that is passionate about improving how people do creative and analytical work. We have a strong team of engineers and designers who have worked extensively on systems that help people work productively online. Our first product is a new way to build, manage and optimize websites using data, machine learning and human expertise.
Beyond focusing on profit, we believe that the products and experiences we design should be considerate of their greater social context and impact. To stay true to these values, we open sourced a technology called Orchestra and are in the process of becoming a B-certified corporation.