Overview of the Role:
The team at SupportLogic is dedicated to improving the experience of today's Support professionals while helping companies serve and retain their customers through intelligent escalations, proactive interactions, and problem resolutions. In our UI Architect, we are looking for a thought leader with a deep UI and full-stack design and development background, who possesses clear communication, collaboration, and relationship-building skills. You love to delight customers with breathtakingly simple, user-friendly, effective UIs that solve real problems efficiently.
How your work will support our growth:
- Provide thought leadership around Atomic-Design and component-based approaches to React UIdevelopment, building capabilities with multiple devices (including mobile in the near future), and automating as much of front-end testing as possible.
- Collaborate with product managers, UX designers, UI & backend engineers, and data scientists to develop world-class UI architectures, implementations and experiences that wow our customers.
- Execute and deliver on UI features with a bias for fast iteration and rapid incorporation of feedback.
- Build for usability, maintainability, reusability (Atomic Design and Component based application development), testability (what can be automated should be), security, scale and performance.
- Contribute to and enhance a culture of Engineering excellence fostering innovation and collaboration. Experiment and enable newer modes of interaction (ie: voice assistants) for enterprise applications.
- Provide meaningful and timely code reviews before merging pull requests.
About you (don't worry if you don't have this whole list- we expect you to learn with us):
- Expert-level software engineer with strong React UI development and experience as a Lead UI Engineer delivering cloud-native, enterprise-grade, SaaS products.
- Prior startup experience working with a distributed team. Ability to work with some levels of ambiguity in terms of requirements and processes.
- Strong UX design understanding and intuition with a proven history of shipping products with responsive and user-friendly UIs.
- Comfort with AGILE development methodologies and ceremonies and fluent with Git/Github.
- Demonstrated clear technical leadership and architecture skills. Familiarity with non-functional-requirements around Performance, Scalability, Security, Reusability (Component Based Implementation with Atomic Design flavors) and Testability (understanding of where automation works and does not with Frontend development).
- Proven experience with benchmarking, optimization and cross-browser/modality (mobile /web) concerns.
- Our technical stack- our UI Architect will be adept in many/all of these:
- React (Deep understanding of React Architecture, Hooks, Workflows such as Flux/Redux Thunk/Saga, DOM manipulation, reselect, react-query and other elements.
- Working knowledge of REST APIs (in Node.js and Python).
- Knowledge of modern authorization such as 0Auth2.0 & JSON Web Token (JWT)
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools such as Webpack, NPM and others.
- CI/CD and Automation methodologies.
- Belief in unit testing prior to QA and building reusable components and front-end libraries for reuse.
- Interest and passion to contribute in a fast-paced startup environment which encourages a “no-boundaries”, proactive ownership attitude.
How we support our employees' growth and well-being (an abbreviated list-our goal is to have healthy, well-rounded employees):
- Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) for employee+ family is fully covered by us + FSA, Teledoc, EAP program, and more- your health is our top priority, otherwise, you can't be expected to be your best at work.
- ClassPass discount- whether it's yoga, bootcamp, cycling, or meditation that you crave, we're here to help make fitness accessible.
- 401k match- We're investing in you and your future from day 1.
- Remote 1st, collaborative, and transparent culture.
- Unlimited PTO that you're encouraged to take to recharge.
Our differences make us better:
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is deep and core to the company we're building. Our users are diverse, and we believe that our company needs to reflect the diversity of our users in order to build the best possible product. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated at SupportLogic, and we pride ourselves in making sure that all employees feel heard, supported, and challenged. To that end, SupportLogic prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, marital status, national origin, mental or physical disability, political belief or affiliation, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of employment and application for employment.