We're looking for full-stack web developers to join our product development team. In this role, you'll be building new features for our existing products and helping build new products from scratch.
Here is a sampling of the products you'll be working on:
- Website Builder: enable pros to quickly launch industry-tailored websites
- Brand Management: enable pros to create, update, and monitor their online business listings
- Reputation Management: automate customer check-ins so our trade pros can be sure their customers are happy with the service they're receiving
Our ideal candidate :
Has very strong web development fundamentals:
- Strong web development basics: HTML, CSS, JS
- Strong JS web stack: React, Node.js, Express
- Strong grasp of HTTP, REST, and integrating with 3rd party APIs
Can work with (or quickly learn how to work with) relational and non-relational databases:
- Experience with RDBMS (like MySQL / Postgres / Aurora and RDS)
- Experience with NoSQL (like MongoDB or DynamoDB)
- Prefer experience with GraphQL
Is comfortable with AWS and basic DevOps:
- Experience with Route53, Cloudfront, EC2, RDS, etc.
- Prefer experience with serverless architecture (Lambda)
Is comfortable with incremental development:
- Strong grasp of Git version control
- Experience with CI/CD
Doesn't need to be a designer, but should think about usability / UX:
- Understands how to build mobile-first responsive interfaces.
- Prefer candidates with Tailwind CSS or Bootstrap experience
- Prefer candidates with experience with Gatsby
Some additional nice-to-haves include:
- Experience with Webpack, Grunt, Babel, or other comparable tools
- Experience with containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
In concrete terms, you should feel very comfortable accomplishing any of these tasks:
- Register a domain, spin up a React website and RDBMS from scratch using Node.js and Express, configure routing to different pages, and put it behind a CDN.
- Given an API endpoint to get additional content, create a web page with infinite scroll
- Given a design, build a responsive UX in React.
- Create an automation so that we get a Slack notification whenever a new user signs up
Personal requirements include:
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills. We primarily work in Slack, so the ability to write clearly is key.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and coordinate with colleagues to meet team deadlines.