About the Data Engineer Role
As a Data Engineer with ETL/ELT background, the candidate needs to design and develop reusable data ingestion processes from variety of sources and build data pipelines for Synapse Azure cloud data warehouse platform and reporting processes. The ideal candidate should be proficient in writing SQLs so they can be embedded into the informatica (IICS) for data transformation. Ideal candidate should be willing to learn open source technologies on the fly as job demands.
- Design, develop & implement ETL/ELT processes on Azure Cloud using IICS (informatica cloud) and Azure Synapse
- Write complex SQL’s and performance tuning of jobs
- Perform source analysis, create informatica mapping to source data, Regression test and debug issues
- Work with offshore team, business analysts and other data engineering teams to ensure alignment of requirements, methodologies and best practices
- Bachelor's Degree or master’s degree in Computer Science.
- 10+ years of hands-on software engineering experience.
- 5+ years of strong ETL experience on Informatica
- Experience in designing solutions for multiple large data warehouses with a good understanding of cluster and parallel architecture as well as high-scale or distributed RDBMS
- Strong database fundamentals including SQL, performance and schema design.
- Proficiency in SQL coding
- Ability to interpret/write custom shell scripts. Python scripting is a plus.
- Experience with Azure platform and Synapse
- Experience with Git / Azure DevOps
- To be able to work in a fast-paced agile development environment.